The Sacred Circle is held every year in August at the height of summer at a remote private location in the Puget Sound region, in a natural setting of trees and local wilderness. A Gathering of Men creates in The Sacred Circle a clearing in which a man can increase his awareness of being a man. The Sacred Circle is not therapy, but an experiential program, requiring physical and emotional strength and courage, for it will challenge the initiate. At the same time, The Sacred Circle is open to any man who feels he is up to the challenge, regardless of age or physical limitation.
Modern culture has abandoned the male spirit.
Primal cultures were aware of the importance of rites of passage, marking a crossing into manhood. What remains of these rituals in modern society is often an empty shell, providing little in the way of guidance and soulful transformation. We stumble in our search for the meaning of our own maleness… The result is often a loss of deep, grounded masculine spirit.
Inside each man, the embers of the masculine spirit are still alive, waiting to be fueled into the fire it was meant to be: powerful, secure, and driven by conscious intention.
A Gathering of Men, Puget Sound’s foremost men’s group, is a not-for-profit community of men who create safe, confidential, and sacred spaces where men discover and explore their authentic selves.
The Sacred Circle
A Men’s Weekend Particulars
When: August 25–27, 2017
Where: To Squilchuck State Park, southwest of Wenatchee, WA
Registration Form: Sacred Circle Retreat
Some partial scholarships available. Availability not guaranteed after August 10th.(Contributions also accepted to assist others.
Please direct any registration or scholarship questions to the AGOM registrar
- Do you have a good relationship with your father?
- Do you have close friendships with other men?
- Do you feel adequate and powerful?
- Are your relationships with women meaningful, and satisfying?
- Does your life have a purpose?
- Are you satisfied with your life?
- Are you aware of your spirituality?
- Are you living from your truth?
If your answer is “No.” to any of these questions, then The Sacred Circle has been designed for you!
- Are you up to the challenge of looking at who you really are?
- Do you believe you have gifts which have never been appreciated?
- Do you think “men’s work” is a hybrid, quaint response to the Women’s Movement?
- Do women consume more of your life than you really want?
- Is there an emptiness inside you where there ought to be passion?
- Are you tired of living through books?<
- yearn for mental, physical, and spiritual integration?
If your answer is “Yes.” to any of these questions, then The Sacred Circle has been designed for you!